Friday, December 23, 2011

Remember Caleb?

If you've read the blog, I told you about a guy named Caleb who I'd pretty much log onto Grindr to talk to exclusively. Well, he's still around, but we haven't seen each other since then. This is how that played out:

So after the date, we've moved to texting, namely since he hasn't been on Grindr that much. We probably have a few exchanges a day, nothing big really. Just seeing how the day is, and continuing the conversation where we left off. The next weekend rolls around and he's busy all weekend. The next week comes and we talk about the next time we'd want to see each other. He tells me that he's pretty swamped with school (med school nonetheless, which I completely understand but am frustrated with) and that when finals are over with, we'd do something. At this point, I'm just thinking that he doesn't want to see me again (emotions talking, not logic) and I tell him he picks the next time he wants to do something. Less than a week goes by without talking so I text him if he's picked a time. He asks if the next day would be fine, but I'd already made plans with J (also talked about him a while back) to go grab dinner. I told him we could afterward if he wanted, but he said the day after instead. It's agreed. The day after, we'd grab a drink after I get off work. The day of comes, and we're talking about places to go. But then he informs me he's been sick in bed all day with a sore throat and probably shouldn't go out.

I'm bummed. Beyond belief. I play the scenario like a little girl and "forget to text back" until later that evening. For some reason, it makes me feel like I have the upper hand when I need to reply and don't. Don't ask me why, I just do. But after consulting J about it, he probably is sick and I told him some sweet things (like the sweet guy I am) and we'll meet up again.

Do I really think we'll meet in again? Yes, about 67.77% of me thinks we will. The other 33.33% thinks we'll meet and then that'll be the end. I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck man. I know I'm the same way and read way too much into a guy's actions when I'm digging him (and even do the whole passive aggressive delayed response thing). That being said, and having courted/dated a med student, their lives are pretty ridiculous, I wouldn't stress over him being busy. I don't think he was making excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, RJ. I appreciate it. Its just tough cause I like the potential that could be there. Merry Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete