Tuesday, January 10, 2012

100% Wrong: Part II

For any of you who took the 33.33% of me seeing Caleb again one more time then that'd be it.. then you were right. Why only the one time? Let me explain.

I'm on Grindr just seeing who's new to the area (no one by the way) and Caleb appears online. Being the friendly guy that I am, I decided to say hey. We began talking.. I began sweet talking (I don't really mean too, it just comes naturally I guess.) and next thing you know were making dinner plans for that evening. So its decided. 5:30 at a local burger joint I've been wanting to try. Yeah, I really like burgers. So we get there. I began asking how he's been, what's going on in his life.. you know, the typical catch up questions. He's got nothing. Absolutely nothing. Seriously. We talk about his niece for maybe 5 minutes then back to nothingness. Worse date I've ever been on. It's crazy because the first one went so well. Thank God I can handle these types of situations and did so to the best of my ability. But as soon as I signed the receipt (separate checks, of course.) I had to end it. In a nice way of course. We hugged, he held on a little longer than he should have, and we said our goodbyes. I got in my car and literally laughed out loud. It was just so funny to me how date one and sorta date two was completely different. I pull up to my place and I get this text:

"I'm like in a state of blissful shock from how awesome that burger was. It was great to see you again. Thanks for meeting up tonight! :)"

I wanted to say:

"I wished the date was as great as the burger. Have a good one!"

But I was really nice, almost too nice and said:

"Baha! That's an awesome state to be in. Hey, no problem! Great seeing you too."

Got the absolute closure needed for this guy. It really does take going through the valleys to see the peaks. In this case it takes going on a crappy date to see how awesome Michael is. I need to see him, but we're texting as we speak, so I'm doing fine.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you can close that chapter definitively and now focus on Michael. Best of luck with him!

    ReplyDelete